Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Countdown to Valentine's Day - Day 5...

 photo 005_zpsdfaf12ff.jpg 
 
Today I decided to make a card that's not your typical Valentine's Day card in that it's not all shades of pink and full of hearts. Instead, I used a Sorbet card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5" that I scored randomly, a Champagne mat measuring 3 1/4" square, Claire Bulk B&T Duos (floral) measuring 3" x 2 7/8", Claire Bulk B&T Duos (pattern) measuring 2 3/4" x 3/4" and I punched out the center of the largest flower using a scallop circle punch. I adhered the scallop flower to the top of my card with some foam tape, stamped the sentiment using January's SOTM - Happy Valentine's Day and embellished them with some bitty pearls.

Supplies used -

Paper: Claire Paper Packet (X7166B), Champagne (X5931) & Sorbet (X5751) Cardstocks
Stamps: Happy Valentine's Day - Jan SOTM (N/A)
Ink: Cashmere (Z2175) Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pads
Accessories: Opaques Pearls (Z1336) & 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
Other: Fiskars Scallop Circle Punch



SCDblogSiggy

3 COMMENTS:

Tina said...

I love the card! I love the Claire paper! It's always nice to see the paper being used other than on layouts!!! I'm a crafter at heart!

Jaime Benavides said...

Thank you Tina! I really appreciate it. ;)

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Love this card! Papers are awesome. ~Angelina